Saturday, October 8, 2011

Shopping : April 2009

Once again, I got to people-watch.  I enjoy that.  I usually finish shopping before the rest of them.  I grazed on a few strawberries while I waited for the rest of the family to check out.  We sound communal, like we're some odd religious sect.  We're Presbyterians.  I'm just one by default.

I have odd timing.  Just when I'm about to reach for some produce, the misters come on.  We have it good here in the USA...the stores mist the produce for us.  It's kind of decadent.  I bought an eggplant.  It is picture perfect.  Seriously, it looks like an eggplant from out of a still life.  I'm going to chop it and fry it.

My bird is happy that my niece is home.  The whole time she was away, my sister-in-law attempted to woo Peeps.  She tried to get his affection by giving him potato chips.  He's been aloof.  Oh, he eats the chip, but he's not flying to her or cuddling or anything.  The moment my niece walked in the room when she was back from Afghanistan, Peeps flew from me to her shoulder and cocked his head as if to say, "Where you been?"

He's still a toe-shark.  If your feet are unsocked, he leaves them alone...but if you put socks on, he bites toes.  He's sneaky about it.  Last night grandma had socks on and he flew to the floor and sharked around her feet.  We had to get him because we can't have him biting Grandma's toes.  He's no respecter of age.

And that's all I have to say about shopping.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment