Monday, October 17, 2011

Stttttttttrrrrrretch.....

I'm always ever too much in my head and not so much in my body.   Recently, I did a little bit of beginner's yoga and I sort of enjoyed it.  I'm not the worship-Gaia, eat-granola type and I never will be...(I'm NOT buying Kashi again)...but I picked myself out a yoga DVD that I thought I might be able to handle.

Sure enough it started out with green advocacy (not that there's anything wrong with that) and was produced by Ga.i.am  (this is like Will.i.am?)...I rolled my eyes.  I am not Gaia...I'm just one of Jesus' rowdy kids inhabiting the blue marble.

Jill.i.am I started the tape and tried to follow and quickly found out that it's WAY above my pay grade.  So I had a conversation with myself.  Those happen sometimes.  This time I won and I decided that I'd stop the tape, turn to a music channel on my cable and stretch at my own pace.  There's a groovy one I landed on called "Soundscapes."  I thought, "A soundscape is JUST what I need while I try to breathe and stretch."

It was lovely.  And I satisfied my inner tyrant because I did it my way.  At the end, I decided that I should stretch my back.  I turned to another station and it was I think "soft contemporary".  It was a musical version of "Are You Lonesome Tonight".

Thinking of Elvis and all of us lonely people made me sad.  I'll stretch my back later.  But hey...it was a small victory for the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment